Thursday, January 8, 2015

Weekly Blog 01/09

Surprise- What surprised me was that the green M&M melted the fastest because a lot of people thought that the red M&M was going to dissolve the fastest.

Summary- This week we did two experiments with M&M's. For example we saw what would happen if you put an M&M in the water and seeing if the color of the M&M changed and how fast it melted. We also had to do notes on the scientific method and this was useful because we had to write a hypothesis, observations, and more from the scientific method. I thought that the red would melt the fastest because I saw the first experiment from a different table and it looked like the red melted quickly.

Backward looking- I have never done experiments like that and I thought that it was fun and fascinating. I also think that it is educational and that we should do experiments more often. I have done science experiments in my old school but nothing this fun at the same time as being educational.  For example at my old school we did an electrical experiment about circuits and a water cycle experiment, but nothing fun like this. At my old school we didn't do really any fun experiments so this is totally new to me.

Inward looking- I liked this week because we got to do two experiments that are educational and fun. I disliked how we had to write notes on the scientific method but it was for our education. I liked how we got to do a race and I also liked to see all the pretty colors dissolving into the water. I disliked how we had homework about the experiment and school work. I disliked that I spilt water and the people at my table got mad at me for it.

Outward looking-I did the same experiment as everyone in my class but we got all different results so that was a bit confusing. All I can think of was that it didn't matter what color it was but how much coating was on the candy. Also I think that the amount of water might affect it. The last thing that I can think of is the time.

Forward looking- I would like to improve on being more careful (not spilling) and to understand more about the experiments we are working on and why we all may get different results. I would also like to improve on writing more than just waiting till the end of class. I would also like to improve on my writing skills for writing fast and neatly at the same time. The last thing I would like to improve on is dropping it more together.

No comments:

Post a Comment