Friday, January 23, 2015

Weekly Blog 01/26

Surprise: I was surprised when we were doing the curious crystals water experiment. I was surprised that we changed our minds on what we thought the unknown crystal is. We at first thought that it is sugar but now we think that it is salt. I would have sugar be my second guess but I am 99% sure that it is salt.

Summarize: This week we did some curious crystals experiments to see what the unknown crystal is and so far we think that it is salt but we used to think that it is sugar. We had proof that it could be sugar but we have proof that it is salt. During the experiments we used sugar, salt, MSG, epsom salt, and last we used the unknown crystal.


Backward looking: I recognized the crystals that we were using and their names except for MSG. I have done nothing like this and I loved it. We think that the unknown crystal is salt but our second guess is sugar. I did not really do any experiments at my old school so I never have done anything like this. 

Inward looking: I felt good about my work this week. Most of the week I liked but there were a couple of downsides. For example the good was that we got to do experiments. The bad was the we had a substitute instead of our fun amazing teacher that is normally there. I also liked that the experiments were trying to find out what something is, and it is still a mystery.

Outward looking: All of our work was similar because we all did the same experiments but we thought that the unknown crystals were different things. We all had similar results but it was sort of different because we all noticed different things. The people at my table thought that the unknown crystal is sugar but now we think that it is salt.

Forward looking: If I had to redo the work I would change the speed that we took to do all of the work. I would want our hypothesis to be what we think now. I would change that we did not finish the work that we had to do with the substitute. I would keep that we did the experiments right and had a good time this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment