Saturday, October 17, 2015

Weekly Blog 10/12-16/15


Summary: 
This week we worked on our land form project. What we did for the project is we worked on the research, IGNITE presentation and our model. When we did this I realized that the Siberian traps helped cause the extinction of a lot of marine animals and land animals. I also found that the Siberian traps were formed about 250 million years ago. I was looking for the location of the Siberian Traps and I found that it was 67° N, 90° E and that it is in Siberia, Russia. I thought that the most intresting thing that I learned is that it was a volcano that caused a lot of damage but it curently it is a mountain or close to a mountain.

S&EP:
This week we made a model of the Siberian Traps. What we used for this is cardboard, poster paper, glue, hot glue, dirt, moss, fake snow, and powdered sugar. What we did is we formed the shape of the mountain and after that we put glue and dirt on the mountain section after section. What we did after that is we hot glued the moss on and put the fake snow and the powdered sugar on the mountain. The closest thing that we did to this is we created our volcano model. When I started this I thought that it would not look good but it turned out to look really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment