Friday, March 6, 2015

Weekly Blog 03/06

Surprise: I was surprised that I got assigned a mineral instead of trying again to pick my own. I was surprised when we were sitting in the beginning of class listening to the teacher and she assigned some of us minerals. This is surprising because most people got to pick a mineral and ask for permission. 

Summary: This week we did a jilster assignment about a mineral but we had to do research on it though before we started. The page is about the mineral we are doing and we have to put stuff like its hardness and other ways to identify a mineral. We do not need a picture but a lot of people are putting pictures.


Backward looking: I had a problem that I did not know what chemical composition meant so I had to ask some people and they did not know it either. I tried to find out what it meant and I am happy that Alex helped me figure out what it meant. Now I know what chemical composition means and it means the same thing as chemical formula.

Inward looking: I found it frustrating that I took so long to do the reasearch and that I did not know what chemical composition means. I also found it frustrating that I am slow at this kind of work and I am not good at it. The last thing that I found frustrating is that I took so long to do the bird brain and always thought we could turn things in late in Science so I worked on my electives and other projects during that week and then was told I could not turn this in late and received a zero! I also forgot my zondle login. Justin helped me with my login so I know it now.

Outward looking: My work was similar to other people's because we all had to find the same research, we all did it on the same website and we all did it on a mineral. It was different from other people's because we all did different minerals, we all worded our work different and most of us have a different background.

Forward looking: I would like to improve on how fast I do my work and how to separate it. I would also like to improve on the way that I work so that I am on the same track as everyone else. I would want to do this because I am a slow worker and I am super bad at managing my time. I would also like to do this because it is one of the things that I am horrible at.


No comments:

Post a Comment