Thursday, September 15, 2016

Cell Wars Project blog 9/16/16


https://tackk.com/tc1azn

Summary:
        The cell wall helps support plants and keep them staining strong and tall. The cell wall can also adjust to plants to allow them to bend in the wind or stand strong and tall. The cell walls will also allow the plant to bend to show it needs water and then it will bounce back up. The cell wall protects the cell from invaders such as small insects that get in the plant and attack. The cell wall transfers water, nutrients, proteins, etc. to other cells nearby. The cell wall can also help change the water pressure if the water has to much water to not burst and if the plant has too little water it will not shrivel up and kill the cell. The cell wall is a very important to the plant cell and is not in animal cells only plants.


Backward-looking: Have you done a similar kind of work in the past (earlier in the year or in a previous grade; in school or out of school)?:
   
        In 5th grade we learned about cells and we had partners and did a different project. I was a vacuole with Sienna. We had to make a poster that had some information about our organelle ours said that the vacuole holds water, food and waste. The vacuole looks like a big bubble in plant cells and are small bubbles in animal cells. The vacuole works with the cell wall to allow plants to grow and stand up straight. This shows that the vacuole is very important to the cell and that I have done work like this in 5th grade in partners.


Inward-looking: How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece or work?:
       
        I enjoyed this project a lot because I got to have fun and we got the work done. I liked my group because it was people that I would not usually group with and  I got to see how I work with others. I liked most of it but I had a little bit of trouble because we argued about the script a little and I was worried that we would not finish in time but we got the work done. I liked getting to edit the video because I usually don't do it because it is not my dad computer but it was fun to learn more about editing and I like how the video turned out. Overall I loved the project.


Outward-looking: Did you do your work the way other people did theirs? In what ways did you do it differently? In what ways was your work or process similar?:

        I think that our group did all the same things as all other groups but we were also unique with our video because lots of other people had animations or voice overs but we filmed our video. I know that other groups filmed theirs too but if they did they did not do a news report. All of the groups had to work their own way with their groups but one things all the groups had in common is that we all had to work together to get the work done. My group was different because when we filmed we had to change our script a little because someone from our group was sadly gone during the day that we filmed. I think we all had similarities and differences.


Forward-looking: One thing I would like to improve upon is ...

I would like to improve upon my teamwork because at certain points of the project we argued a little bit but we got the job done. I would like to have a better plan for when we will do everything so that we have time to be able to have extra time for extra details. I would like to get better at editing so that the next time I create a video I will be able to do a better job with the editing and know more about how to edit. I would like to improve on not waiting till the last minute to do everything and make sure it is all done. i have lots of stuff that i would like to improve upon and be better at.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment