Thursday, May 21, 2015

Article Blog/ Weekly Blog

Surprise: I was surprised when I was reading the Sloth article on National Geographic. I was surprised that it said that sloths only go to the bathroom once a week. It was surprising because I thought that most animals go to the bathroom everyday or every other day. This tells me that some animals do not eat much and so they do not go to the bathroom much.



Summary: The article was about what sloths do and facts about them for example one of the facts are that sloths sleep 20 hours a day and that they only go to the bathroom 1 time a week. Another fact is that different sloths sleep in different ways. The last fact is that they stay in one place that algae grows on their fur.

Complete citation: "Sloth." Sloth. National Geographic, n.d. Web. 21 May 2015.

Backward-looking: knew that their were different kinds but I did not know most of the facts like that sloths only go to the bathroom once a week. I also did not know that different sloths sleep in different kinds of sloths sleep in different ways. I did know that sloths grew algae on them but I did not know why.

Inward-looking: It reveals that I like reading about animals more that other things like makeup. I have changed my thinking about sloths because I thought that they were just boring animals that I would not really want to learn about. I chose this article because it was appealing to me and I thought that it might be a good article and it was. The information affected me and how I think about sloths.

Outward-looking: It affects the community to know more about sloths. It affects the environment because when people see sloth they might know more about it and it would be a cooler experience. It affects the future because people could be planing to go see sloths and it would be cooler if they knew about it and if they were not they might go.

Forward-looking: I do not really have any questions but if I did I would look them up on Google. If I had to give feedback to the author I would ask if he could go more into what they eat and if they like the water or if they do not like it like cats.


No comments:

Post a Comment