Friday, March 11, 2016

Weekly Blog 3/7 - 3/11

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/River_algae_Sichuan.jpg/576px-River_algae_Sichuan.jpg

Summary:
Phosphates can help cause algal blooms and an algal is the picture above. Phosphates are in fertilizer and cow manure and algal blooms can harm wildlife in the river. A local golf course is the main problem of the phosphates because they use fertilizers that run into the river when they water the grass. Oil is also polluting the rivers. There are three possibilities, the oil refinery, the tanker oil and the car oil. The car oil is what is polluting the river. I think that the main thing polluting the river is the phosphates coming from the golf course.


S&EP:SP1: Asking questions and defining problems
This week I asked the question, what is the main reason that the fish are dying. I know that the possible answers are, chlorine, acid rain, sediment, Parallel park, James pond (phosphates) and oil. I know that some of the answers did not have very much proof about it being them and that some did. I went over all of the possible answers and looked at the ones that I think are probably the problem. I ended up with James pond and oil. I asked some people on their opinion and I ended up with the phosphates from the golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment